Description of ActivitiesThe intern will:
- Manage Young Water Solutions’ social media (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn),
- Design communications materials related to the Young Water Fellowship Program to use in social media,
- Design Young Water Solutions’ reports and other external communication materials (flyers, postcards, etc.),
- Come up with creative ideas and plan a digital awareness-raising campaign to encourage young people to become water entrepreneurs,
- Support the general online outreach of the YWF calls for applications (update of the database, dissemination, etc.).
- Edit videos using already recorded interviews of young/senior entrepreneurs (for candidates with video editing skills)
- Edit and update the website (youngwatersolutions.org).
Profile of the Candidate
Knowledge and skills
- Fluency in English (writing & speaking),
- Writing and presentational skills,
- Experience in management of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn),
- Graphic design skills. Ideally knowledgeable about Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, Corel Draw or other design software (desirable but not mandatory)
- Website editing and updating skills, WordPress in particular,
- Video editing (desirable but not mandatory)
- Fluency in French and/or Spanish (desirable)
- Strong interest in sustainability, water and/or development.
- Self-motivated, outcome-oriented, team player,
- Able to set own priorities and deliver within agreed timescales,
- Proactive, flexible, hands-on personality,
- Able to work autonomously.
- Opportunity to make a real difference in the communications’ strategy of a small organization but with high impact in the water sector,
- Interaction with different recognized national and international organizations related to sustainability/water/development,
- Valuable experience for future career development in Communications within NGOs or any small to midsize organizations,
- Possibility to attend workshops or events related to development/environment/water,
- Transport costs within Brussels to and from the workplace will be reimbursed,
- Letter of reference and evaluation grid at the end of a successful internship.
Instructions for ApplyingApplications will be reviewed on a rolling basis with the position remaining open until filled. To apply, please submit your CV and motivation letter via email to Miles Bell. email@example.com